Thank you to everyone able to make it out on Monday night. We had another great discussion for this second meeting of the YA² Book Club (woohoo!), weighing in on the pros and cons of the polarizing Grasshopper Jungle. Along with talk of chickens and travel, we shared a few books that have rocked our world lately:
- The Daughter of Smoke & Bone series by Laini Taylor
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
- The Origami Yoda series by Tom Angleberger
- The Girl in the Road by Monica Byrne
- The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer
- Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
- Something New by Lucy Knisley
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
Since our next meeting will be in October, we voted on YA horror. The votes were SO CLOSE yet again, but Croak by Gina Damico came out on top. We’ll be meeting at Olympia Kebob House & Taverna in Richmond Heights on October 17th, 7 p.m. Again, registration isn’t required, but it is encouraged so we know how many seats to reserve.
YA² is a book club for adults who like to read Young Adult books! We meet once every three months at a bar or restaurant (the library will buy the snacks!) to discuss a YA book. At the end of each meeting, we vote on the book we’ll read for the next meeting.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lindsay at 314-963-8649 or firstname.lastname@example.org.