Passport services are by appointment only. Please schedule an appointment below. To find another facility that is currently accepting applications, click this link.
If your passport is up for renewal, please check the details on the Department of State website to see if you’re eligible for a mail in renewal. Passport Acceptance Facilities cannot process renewals.
Brentwood Public Library acts as a Passport Acceptance Facility for the U.S. Department of State. Applicants are responsible for providing complete and accurate information on their passport applications. Incorrect or unacceptable information may result in processing delays and/or denial of your application. Questions should be directed to the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) at 1-877-487-2778 or travel.state.gov.
Ensure your passport application process goes smoothly by finding passport forms, hours of acceptance, fees, and requirements here. Incomplete applications, or applications outside of designated passport acceptance times will be ineligible for processing.
|Expedited at Agency**||Must have international travel within 72 hours (3 business days)|
**”Expedited at Agency” services only available at Passport Agencies. We are unable to process these requests.
- Appear in person. All ages. No exceptions for children.
- Complete DS-11 passport application. Completed in black ink with no white out or scribbling
- Present valid State Driver License or valid government ID. U.S. Dept. of State will not accept temporary paper licenses. Applicants under the age of 16 must apply in person with both of their parents or with one parent and completed form DS-3053.
- Pay the required fees to the U.S. Dept. of State (check or money order only).
- Pay the required $35 fee made payable to Brentwood Public Library for the $35 processing fee per application. We accept cash, check, or credit card.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (original birth certificate, U.S. Passport or original naturalization certificate). All children under the age of 16 must present their original raised-seal birth certificate. Birth certificates must show the name(s) of both parents. If you do not have an original birth certificate, you must contact the Vital Records Office for the County in which you were born to obtain a certified copy. Certified copies of St. Louis County birth certificates can be requested here.
- One passport photo. 2×2 in size • Color • Taken within past 6 months • Full face, front view • Neutral, non-exaggerated facial expression • Plain white or off-white background • No hat/headgear • No glasses • No work uniforms (security reasons) • No graininess or blurring. Please note that Brentwood Public Library does not take passport photos.
- DO NOT SIGN THE APPLICATION UNTIL REQUESTED TO DO SO BY THE PERSON ADMINISTERING THE OATH.
We are happy to print out any forms you may need here at the library. If you’d like to bring your own forms, they can be found on the State Department website.
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service to allow U.S. citizens to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
If you are interested in monitoring safety conditions for specific destination(s) overseas, sign up for email alerts to receive the latest Travel Alerts and Warnings.
If you’re interested in knowing more, check out this video on how to prepare to apply for a passport.