The Brentwood Library in St. Louis, Missouri is looking for a customer service-oriented individual to fill our part-time library associate position. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer relations. We need a personable and self-motivated individual to join our small but mighty team. We are looking for someone who is willing to provide mostly front line service at the desk, but as a small library, every employee does a variety of work.
Job duties include:
- Provide courteous, helpful and efficient service to customers
- Checking materials in and out
- Placing hold for patrons
- Answering questions about library accounts
- Fielding reference and technology questions from the public, including but not limited to: library e-materials on all devices, Microsoft Office product questions, file management (downloading and saving), helping with online job applications, copying, scanning and faxing
- Performs routine processing of books and materials
- Operates computer terminal and auxiliary equipment as routine duties
- Provide library services curbside – assist patrons over the phone or via text messaging while respecting necessary rules and boundaries
Qualifications and Abilities:
- High School or GED and 1-3 years of customer service experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and switch gears quickly
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible and positive attitude with the public and with coworkers
- Team-minded yet self-motivated
- Ability to lift books, bend, and stoop. Able to be on your feet at the front desk for prolonged periods of time
The Brentwood Public Library is an independent library in St. Louis County, Missouri. We are part of the Municipal Library Consortium, a group of nine libraries that serve their unique municipalities in St. Louis County. Brentwood is a tight-knit community with approximately 8,000 citizens. We offer small town, personal service in a flourishing metropolitan area.
This position is part-time, approximately 20 hours per week. This position reports to the library director. The salary is $13.46 per hour. We are an equal opportunity employer. The Library is currently providing curbside service and following the guidelines suggested by the St. Louis County Department of Health. The protocols are in place to ensure the safety of both the community and staff and must be followed and respected.
If this sounds like a good fit, please send a cover letter and resume to Gina Gibbons and Hilary Chetta at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love references and do contact them.