The Brentwood Public Library in St. Louis, Missouri is looking for a customer service oriented individual to fill our Library Associate position. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer relations. We are looking for someone who is willing to assist people to find what they need at the library. This could mean helping them with library materials, assisting on the public computers, or finding information online for them. Brentwood Public Library is a busy library and we would love to work with someone who is personable and community minded. We might deal in books, but people are our main business.
Job duties include:
- Provide courteous, helpful, and efficient service to customers by checking out materials, issuing library cards, placing holds, accepting payments and answering questions about library accounts.
- Field reference and technology questions from the public, including but not limited to: library e-materials on all devices, Microsoft Office product questions, file management-downloading and saving, helping with online job applications, copying, scanning and faxing.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience involving customer service is required or equivalent.
- Competence with standard workplace computer applications and equipment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Qualities of enthusiasm and compassion, ability to work with a team.
- Flexible and positive attitude with the public and with coworkers. No sticklers, please.
- Ability to lift books, bend, and stoop. Able to be on your feet at the front desk for prolonged periods of time.
The Brentwood Public Library is an independent library in St. Louis County, Missouri. We are part of the Municipal Library Consortium, a group of nine libraries that serve their unique municipalities in St. Louis County. Brentwood is a tight knit community with approximately 8,000 citizens. We offer small town, personal service in a flourishing metropolitan area.
This is a part time position with approximately 15 hours a week. This position reports to the library director. Pay begins at $13.46, depending on experience.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send a resume to the director, Gina Gibbons, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love references and we do contact them.