The Brentwood Public Library in St. Louis, Missouri is looking for a customer service oriented individual to fill our Adult Circulation and Programming Assistant position. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer relations. We are looking for someone who is willing to provide both front line service at the desk and to expand adult programming within the building and out in the community. We need a personable, self-motivated individual to join our small but mighty team.
Job duties include:
- Provide courteous, helpful, and efficient service to customers by checking out materials, issuing library cards, placing holds, accepting payments and answering questions about library accounts.
- Field reference and technology questions from the public, including but not limited to: library e-materials on all devices, Microsoft Office product questions, file management-downloading and saving, helping with online job applications, copying, scanning and faxing.
- Develop our adult programming with an eye to creatively expand what this library currently offers- with a starting goal of creating 4 new programs a month.
- Readers’ advisory for all ages.
- Public relations duties include creating newsletters, submitting library events to various local news outlets, updating the library web site and social media accounts.
- Gather and maintain statistics for reporting to the public and to the state.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- 60 hours of college credit required. Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Minimum of 2 years library experience involving customer service is required or equivalent.
- Competence with standard workplace computer applications and equipment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Qualities of enthusiasm and compassion, ability to work with a team and work independently and creatively.
- Flexible and positive attitude with the public and with coworkers. No sticklers, please.
- Ability to lift books, bend , and stoop. Able to be on your feet at the front desk for prolonged periods of time.
The Brentwood Public Library is an independent library in St. Louis County, Missouri. We are part of the Municipal Library Consortium, a group of nine libraries that serve their unique municipalities in St. Louis County. Brentwood is a tight knit community with approximately 8,000 citizens. We offer small town, personal service in a flourishing metropolitan area.
This is a full time position. This position reports to the library director. We offer health, dental, and vision benefits plus 80 hours of vacation per year. The salary for this position depends on qualifications.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please contact the director, Gina Gibbons, at email@example.com with a cover letter and resume. We love references and we do contact them.
Accepting resumes through April 26, 2018.