We are looking for a customer service oriented individual to fill our Adult Circulation and Programming Coordinator position. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer relations. We are looking for someone who is willing to provide both front line service at the desk and to facilitate adult programming within the building and out in the community. We need a personable and self-motivated individual to join our small but mighty team.
Job duties include:
- Provide courteous, helpful, and efficient service to customers by checking out materials, issuing library cards, placing holds, accepting payments and answering questions about library accounts.
- Field reference and technology questions from the public, including but not limited to: library e-materials on all devices, Microsoft Office product questions, file management especially downloading and saving, helping with online job applications, copying, scanning and faxing.
- Readers’ advisory for all ages.
- Maintain and develop our adult programming– the ideal candidate will be a creative planner and also be able to execute their ideas.
- Manage a small yearly programming budget.
- Public relations duties in coordination with the Youth Services Librarian, including creating newsletters and in-house flyers, submitting library events to various local news outlets, updating the library website and managing social media accounts.
- Gather and maintain statistics for reporting to the public and to the state.
- Coordinate partnerships with and donations from external organizations to support and supplement programming.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- 60 hours of college credit required. Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Minimum of 2 years’ public-facing experience in libraries/nonprofits or events (or equivalent)
- Competence with standard workplace computer applications and equipment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Qualities of enthusiasm and compassion, ability to work with a team and work independently and creatively.
- Flexible and positive attitude with the public and with coworkers. No sticklers, please.
- Ability to lift books, bend, and stoop. Able to be on your feet at the front desk for prolonged periods of time.
The Brentwood Public Library is an independent library in St. Louis County, Missouri. We are part of the Municipal Library Consortium, a group of nine libraries that serve their unique municipalities in St. Louis County. Brentwood is a tight knit community with approximately 8,000 citizens. We offer small town, personal service in a flourishing metropolitan area.
This is a full time position. This position reports to the library director. We offer health, dental, and vision benefits plus 75 hours (equal to 10 days) of vacation per year. The salary for this position depends on qualifications. We are an equal opportunity employer.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send a cover letter and resume to the director, Gina Gibbons, at email@example.com. We love references and we do contact them.