Numbers for 2015
|Items in Collection||43,341|
|Adults: 834||Children: 2,632|
|Salaries & Benefits||$390,985|
|Books & Materials||$99,785|
|Ad Valorem Taxes||$619,244|
Highlights of 2015
- We enjoyed record-breaking attendance with 65,577 patrons visiting our space. That’s enough people to fill Busch Stadium 1.5 times!
- Lindsay Beckman became our Youth Service Manager and quickly organized the children’s collection.
- Maureen Sullivan joined our staff as a Library Assistant.
- We added games, books and puzzles to our collection, including a bocce ball set you can borrow!
- We partnered with the St. Louis Astronomical Society and now have a powerful telescope, which can be checked-out.
- We began accepting credit card payments.
- Implemented Fine Free Fridays.
- Significantly increased our bandwidth, and added laptops which can be used in the library (as well as a few which can be checked-out for a week.)
- Added new chairs and carpeting to the Teen Room.
- Created new programs, including:
- Craft Fridays (fourth Friday of the month, 3:30-5pm)
- Baby Storytime (Tuesday’s at 9:30am)
- Kid’s Book Club: 4th-6thgrade (fourth Wednesday of the month, 3:30-4:15pm)
- Paws for Reading (fourth Thursday of the month, 6-7pm)
- We received several donations from patrons, including $1,400 from Anime St. Louis. (Thank you!)
- We had two new trustees appointed, Jeanette Oesterly and Chris Herrington.
- We also added a new catalog system!
- And last, but not least, we conducted our first Strategic Plan! The results of which will lead us to concentrate on creativity, a warm and inviting space, and life-long learning for the next three years.
- Monday-Thursday, 9am – 8pm
- Friday, 9am – 6pm
- Saturday, 9am – 5pm
- Sunday, 1pm – 5pm
- 24/7 Renewal Line 314-821-1162
- 24/7 Book Drop
- 24/7 Online Renewal/Catalog/Databases
- Wifi Access
- Homebound Delivery
- Interlibrary Loan
- Reserve-a-Librarian: one-on-one instruction
- Library Elf
- Meeting Room
- Desktop & Laptop Public Access Computers
- Laptop and Kindle Circulation
- Early Learning Computers for Children
- Databases (Education, Reference, Genealogy)
- Reader’s Advisory
- Reading Clubs
- Children’s Story Time and Programs
- Photocopies: 15¢
- Computer Prints: 15¢, $1 for Color, Fax $1